Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Reformation Day!!!


I think I am "officially" ready for Halloween to be over this year!!!  I am just sickened the grotesque images I see around me.  I am sick of little kids that I watch mimicking ghosts and witches and just think how sad it is that our culture thinks that is cute.  We walk in stores and see scary costumes that mimick death.  We are a society fascinated with death- ghosts, goblins anything that comes from the grave.  We forget that death is the ultimate curse of sin and that many will go to their final grave forever and it will be horrific.  Why is our culture so fascinated with the demonic and death? 

Instead of Halloween, for the last 5 years our family has chosen to celebrate Reformation Day on October 31st.  It is a tradition that every year we watch the movie "Luther" and I can tell you that I do not tire of this movie!!!  Well, and it helps to have a husband who knows every ounce of church history and can spout out things about Luther that just fascinate me!  Every year it is a great reminder of the Reformation that changed the face of Europe and the world and how Luther was instrumental in bringing the Scriptures to the people!  How amazing it must have been to read the Scriptures in one's own language and not interpreted through a pope!!! 

So Happy Reformation Day!!  I can't wait to watch this movie again this year as a reminder of God's Sovereignty in our history and in the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment