Monday, June 14, 2010

Memorial Weekend Stay-Cation

So I am a little behind on my posts. Memorial weekend I decided for us to enjoy the sights of Louisville while taking a few days off of work. So- on Friday, Jodi Koesters and I and her four kids journeyed to Hubers Farm in Indiana to pick strawberries! I honestly had not picked strawberries since I was a kid. Here is my 13lb. Flat of berries! I was able to use them in 1 week too making strawberry pie, pound cake, strawberry jam and eating them and giving some away to friends.



Saturday, we also took a visit to the Louisville Zoo. In our 4 ½ years, we have not been to the zoo so this was a must see before we left this summer. Though it was a bit hot- we enjoyed seeing all these furry friends.


I also had the chance to visit with Melissa Wagner- a dear friend from Cedarville on Sunday. We had a great time catching up on what the Lord is teaching us. It was a refreshing time!
Monday, we were going to go hiking- but it rained so we went shopping instead to Half Price Books for Michael and Kohls for Erin. We ended the day with dinner at Chick-fil-A and Erin tried the Spicy Chicken sandwich which definitely left me sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment