Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

Some dates bring with them great memories and some bring them with some sadness and a time of reflection. On this day a year ago we had our doctor appointment where we found out that our baby in the womb had stopped growing and therefore I was going to have to decide to have a D& C or a natural miscarriage. It is hard to believe a year has passed and I have to say that as I look back- I do feel reflective in thinking about this day but I also feel thankful for God’s faithfulness through it all as we think through where God has brought us and all that He has graciously taught us! He is kind and good and does what is best for us and I am grateful for this year of learning, growing and leaning on Him!
Psalm 16:2-“ I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.”
“Be still, my soul, though dearest friends depart,

And all is darkened in the vale of tears;

Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart

Who comes to soothe thy sorrows and thy fears.

Be still my soul, thy Jesus can repay

For His own fullness all He takes away.”
I am reminded even today of all the love and support that was shown us this week last year! So many sweet friends sent flowers and gifts and shared their love even from far away. One girl from college, Danielle, sent me at work this little prayer bear. This bear was so special and has continued to remind me of the prayers of the saints. I at first thought it was a normal bear and then upon second glance saw the tag and realized it was my bear that I had sent to her in college during a particularly rough time for her and now she was sending it to me as a reminder of prayer! It was such a sweet precious gift and the little bear continues to be on my desk at work. People think it is funny that I have a bear but to me he is a reminder of the faithfulness of God and the prayers of the saints!!

No comments:

Post a Comment