Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Camping

On Friday night, we went on our first camping trip.  I had grown up going camping with my family in a pop-up camper but this was our first time as a married couple.  We left the little man behind at Grandma's for the night and headed out on our adventure.  At our wedding, we received and registered for a tent and camping gear- we had high hopes of camping all around the country.  Well, almost 6 years later and we had still not been camping.  So we decided we have to go.  We packed our things which took a long time and headed to Miami Whitewater, not too far from our house for the first time.  We had such a great and refreshing time and enjoyed grilling and making a fire and roasting s'mores.  I even found gluten free graham crackers.  Though I missed the little man, it was nice not to have to run after him and actually enjoy sitting and reading for an hour with my hubby.  I think next time though we will take the little guy.  I hope that we will enjoy many memories camping together with our children.  I did find that the key to camping in a tent is using an air mattress which I know some of you might be really laughing about. 




Also, a week ago, I enjoyed meeting up with a sweet college friend Erin Taylor (ET).  It was fun to meet up with her at the Creation Museum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment