Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Turning 30!

Yesterday, I turned 30.  It is hard to believe that I have now left the 20s.  To honor my last day of being in my 20s, my husband threw me a 30th "Surprise" Birthday party on Sunday.  He truly did surprise me.  You have to know that my husband worked tirelessly organizing this party in the midst of school and exams this week- poor boy.  We went to our church office picnic grove where I assumed we would be having a quiet picnic and was surprised to see many sweet friends from church and family there.  Papa Growl was our great griller and we had a fabulous cake and everyone brought side items.  It was a lot of fun.  He even made up a quiz.  It was so special.  I think Jeremiah had fun too.  In fact, I think he ate too much cake.  Thank you to all who made my birthday special!  I received yesterday an envelope filled with letters and sweet cards from some dear people in my life.  I will truly treasure those words of encouragement from sweet friends.  Thank you all for making me feel so loved and special.  On my birthday, I went to a singing group with Jeremiah, ate some Penn Station subs (yum), planted some flowers and then went out to Olive Garden with my sweet husband.  The Lord is good and has been good to me!  Looking forward to what He will do in this new decade of life and trusting He knows what is good and best! 








Some sweet cards and gifts from friends:  Emily D. made me this beautiful bouquet.  I also received some yummy pretzel rolls and the book Enough- a sweet reminder on contentment and God being enough for us.

1 comment: