Wednesday, April 9, 2014

One Month Until Exam Time...

This is an intense season of our lives- and we are thankful it is a season!  I was challenged by a woman yesterday to think through how the Lord is growing and stretching me through this season and know that it is good- we are not just trying to make it to the other side- we are growing and learning and embracing all God is teaching us and growing us in this season in all its craziness!  In one month- Michael will be taking his first comprehensive exam at Hebrew Union in Akkadian.  Last night he was showing me "some" of the tablets he will have to translate- it looks like chicken scratching but I believe him that he can read it!  He will have 3 exams each Thursday in May- May 8th, May 15th, May 22!  It is coming close- Michael is kicking his studies into high gear and we are trying to "let him go" and think of fun things to do on our own!  I am so thankful for how the Lord has given him great dedication and diligence to persevere this year and balance time with his family well- we are not neglected.  Though- I am feeling a little bit like a solo parent at times this Spring and at times, I have to admit, I do get tired and want a break- but praying that in this season I will serve my husband and my kids with joy- even when I am tired and think in my head- "I deserve a break!"  Pray with us for Michael in this last month as he studies for the biggest 3 tests he will take in his whole life!  He has started last summer and has been studying for 1 whole year for these exams- now that is a long time!  Lord willing, by May 22 (which is Michael's birthday-poor guy)- we will be sighing a sigh of relief- we are hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment