Monday, April 7, 2014

Our Road Trip...

We arrived home a week ago from our road trip to Pennsylvania with Mrs. Engle from our church!  Jeremiah keeps saying everyone should go on a road trip with Mrs. Engle!  She was so sweet to drive us to PA- we went to visit our family and she went to visit her daughter who lives close to my parent's home.  So I don't think I could have driven by myself for 8 hours in the car as much as I thought I could. :) I definitely had to entertain most of the trip!  So even when you are still visiting friends and family on a road trip, with no hubby along, I was on duty 24-7 as far as parenting goes!  The first night- I think I got 3-4 hours of sleep as I struggled to sleep and then when I did fall asleep- both kids woke up and were up until 3:30am.  Thankfully they did better other nights- though Lydie was a fussy girl most of the time.  The surprising of my parents was great. I got to spend a lot of time with my sister before she has her baby in another month.  I got to hear Steve Green- who doesn't love that guy's voice and it was sooo encouraging and his music pointed me to the cross of Christ again and again!  And what a blessing to see so many dear Cross Cultural Workers that I have grown up with their kids and families!  When we were young, my parents always had missionaries come stay in our home-we grew up knowing these precious families and it has been a blessing to journey with them on this side of the ocean along life's road!  Some have suffered greatly and it was neat to hear how the Lord is growing and teaching them!  It was good to be reminded of those that go- that give up living by family and friends because the gospel compels them to learn a language, and reach a culture that does not love Christ- to share God's glory among the nations!  As a mom- I get so focused in my own little world, my worries, needs, my little family- I need reminders of the world- the nations!  It was a refreshing weekend and good for my soul!  I also got to spend time with a dear friend from high school who is going to the nations this summer with her husband and 3 children- her husband working on Bible translation to a language that has never heard!  We are thankful for them going but I was sad thinking I would not see her for a long time.  We love you Js!

No comments:

Post a Comment