Monday, March 22, 2010

Valley of Vision

For my class this semester we are reading through the Valley of Vision-  I still remember when my dear dad introduced me to the Valley of Vision.  I love reading the prayers of these puritans.  Here is one that struck me this week as I was reading it.  Oh that I would remember that ALL God's works are perfect and that He gives and takes for His glory!  He withholds our wishes because He knows what is best!  It is refeshing to remember the Sovereignty of our Great God! 

Valley of Vision- “Choices” p. 193

“All my desires have not been gratified, but thy love denied them to me.

When fulfillment of my wishes would have proved my ruin or injury.

My trials have been fewer than my sins, and when I have kissed the rod it has fallen from they hands.

All thy work for me is perfect, and I praise thee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment