Monday, June 24, 2013

Potty Training Boot Camp!

This morning was our first morning of Boot Camp Potty Training!  To be honest, I was so nervous the whole week before and weekend as I read and studied and asked people's tips and opinions about potty training and than today we woke up and began!  One of my first fears was that he would have a meltdown over the underwear as he hates trying on new shoes and often complains things hurt him- I guess his skin is sensitive.  We took a quick walk this morning and put Lydia down for her morning nap and begun our training at 8:30am.  I used the book Toilet Training In Less Than A Day by Azrin and Foxx and was so intimidated by teaching this skill.  So many questions.  After 5 hours of training before naptime- Jeremiah peed on the toilet many times- we began first by sitting on the toilet and reading books for almost a half hour until he peed.  He got lots of M & Ms- loves to point out the colors of each one he eats- and lots of watered down apple juice.  We did go through about 7 pairs of underwear meaning he had about 7 accidents- but those were great training grounds right?  After about 4 hours, he was telling me he had to go and running to the pot.  At about 1pm- he ran to me and said "Mama" and ran to the pot and behold he pooped on the pot!  I was quite shocked as I thought this skill would take days to learn!  Praise the Lord- we have seen much progress already today and Jeremiah is such a big boy!!!  Thanks to Amy S. for letting us use your pot. :)  Jeremiah has been talking all morning that Jack is a big boy and goes to the potty and he is using Jack's potty- good motivator! :)  And thanks to all my mom friends who I have been bugging for a few weeks for tips on this huge milestone- for the mom and the child!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment