Sunday, June 1, 2014

Motherhood and Loneliness...


Motherhood can be a lonely place.  On top of that if you move to a different area- it can be hard and even take time to form these friendships that we feel are lasting and deep.  My dear hubby during a week when I felt like I had no friends and was feeling lonely- sent me this article!  It is a great read and good reminders of the importance of needing the Body of Christ and sisters in Christ to journey together!  We need each other and it can be hard to be intentional in the midst of chaos of children and the mess around us.  So we need a balance between being intentional with others and also at times pulling back and focusing on our household and children!  Our family has just been through an intense season in our lives- at times I felt lonely as my husband was very busy with his studies.  The Lord did provide great friends that did encourage just when I needed them.  I was also reminded at times, that I needed to pull back from activities and focus on my children and family and maintaining order in the midst of a stressful time.  It is a hard balance- my gut feeling was to jump at any outing or opportunity- but my body would say- slow down, focus on your family and help your husband during this season.  We are constantly trying to balance these two things.  


 The girls in their Easter dresses which are matching and we didn't even try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment