Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey...

Every year, we have tried to do a "Thankful" Dinner for our own family.  This was our 10th year making a turkey and sharing it with some friends.  This year- we invited two couples from our community group and it was a great evening.  Though it is a lot of working cooking a turkey all day! ;)  Jeremiah and I made little hand print turkeys in the morning and little pumpkin breads to give out to some of our friends and neighbors that we are thankful for!  We are trying to make a Thankful Tree painting and writing on the leaves the things that we are thankful for.  I  have struggled this year to feel "on top" of things- in fact, I don't feel on top of much at all!  But God's grace is sufficient allowing us time to do a few activities when we need the reminders!

This morning Michael preached at a church in our city and I decided to take the kids to our church- so we would not disrupt another congregation.  Our Sunday mornings usually are CRAZY.  Jeremiah is almost shouting out in the service- Lydia is screaming for something that I can't figure out and no matter how many activities I bring- they are not what Jeremiah chooses to do in the service!  So thankful this morning for sweet little girls to help me manage my 2 kids- not even that many!  At the end of the service- I found Jeremiah eating a Sunday lunch in the fellowship hall- someone had given him food and I had not planned on him staying for this particular meal.  At least we made it home in one piece- once we caught Lydia who now thinks it is funny to run from us.

 Our family night this week on Friday night consisted of playing a fishing game I had found at a yard sale- fun times!




No comments:

Post a Comment