Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This week is my first week on my own after my mom left.  Yesterday, things were crazy but it went ok and we even managed to get the laundry done and put away.  Today was a little bit crazier.  We went to the Library story time which actually went pretty well and then we wanted to celebrate St. Patrick's Day by going to IHOP to get free pancakes if we wore green.  We all got dressed in our green- we made it there and I nursed Josiah while we waited for a seat.  He then pooped all over his green outfit and me and I tried to change him while we were waiting.  The kids were jumping all over the place.  A dear couple saw us and said "hi" and talked with the kids.  We made it to our seats- the waitress said the pancakes were not free at this particular IHOP- I almost burst into tears but made it ok.  We ordered and Lydia literally cried the whole time we were waiting for our pancakes.  I was hoping to meet a friend to talk a little and she couldn't come which was fine just disappointing.  At some point while we were waiting- that dear little old World War II veteran pushed his little walker and found where I was seated- asked where my husband was and I told him he was at work, then he told me that I was a good little mama and said he was going to pay for my meal!  I literally burst into tears and told him he didn't have to but thank you.  We later found that dear man and his wife and I just thanked them and tried not to cry!  The Lord's kindness was evident today and I am so thankful!  It was just the kindness that I needed on a particularly hard and discouraging day. 



 So maybe the afternoon did not go any better- I didn't nap hardly at all as Josiah was up and Lydia cried and then by the time they settled down, Jeremiah was up- but God's gracious kindness was evident today!


No comments:

Post a Comment