Monday, January 9, 2017

The Lord is our Salvation!

It was our first day back to school today!  The routine of life always comes back at me and hits me hard when we have been off or enjoyed fun holiday times together.  I knew today would could be hard and asked for prayer and things were going ok- no one wanted to do school, everyone was tired and stubborn and in bad moods.  When the fighting began to escalate and go on and on this afternoon, my sweet neighbor came in to visit to find me in tears.  There are days like this when the tears come and the Lord reminds me His grace is sufficient- His power is perfected through my weakness.  Praise God!  This morning we chose our hymn for the month to sing with the kids, it is not an old but a new hymn that the Gettys wrote and it points me to Christ and lifts my eyes to the heavens even in the routine, mundane, everyday of life.  God breaks through our mundane and points us to Him as our salvation!  "His strength will help me scale these walls!  When winter fades, I know spring will come.  The Lord is my salvation!"  Michael and I have just grown to love this song!  Rich truths for each day!  The Gettys have an amazing new kids CD- "Getty Kids Hymnal- In Christ Alone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment