Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Happy 100th Birthday Gigi!

February birthday month would not be complete without Gig's 100th birthday party!  
Michael's grandma- Thelma Lydia Renner (we named Lydia after her) just turned 100 this month.  A lot has changed in our world in those 100 years.  This dear little ladies is a bundle of energy, lives on her own in independent living, still paints beautiful cards and pictures (she is an artist), and teaches me so much about generosity and thankfulness!  She never complains.  I have the privilege to clean for her twice a month and she always encourages me when I am there.  I hope I am like her when I grow up.  Her life has been far from easy- mother of 4 children, with one child lost at a young age.  She raised these kids mainly on her own as her husband left her.  She worked full time and raised her kids and the Lord has grown her heart to love Him more.  She studies the Bible, attends prayer meeting, plays cards with ladies, writes encouraging notes, types emails on her computer and just is an amazing gal.  A friend and I were talking about "building our house,"  that right now we are building a house for ourselves that we will live in for the rest of our lives.  Gigi has built her house on the Rock of Christ and it stands and is a testimony in old age to those around her of faithfulness, love and generosity!  We love you Gigi!






No comments:

Post a Comment