Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas day 2019

 Christmas has been a particularly blurry month for me this year. After having sickness for 4 weeks and really struggling to survive as a mom, I'm seeing the world through new eyes and I'm so grateful to be back on my feet again.  Things have looked simpler this year and though all the traditions have not been done, the Lord has been reminding me to let go and really focus on him. I barely got the gifts wrapped this year but our Christmas day was so special. Christmas Eve we hosted some dear friends for dinner and went to the Christmas Eve service. Joel almost lit my sweater on fire at the Christmas Eve service. Christmas morning we open gifts, sang songs and read the Christmas story. This year we decided to go to a Christmas service and went to an Anglican Church for Christmas morning worship. We also stopped and carold to our friends and visited for a few minutes. Because it was the warmest Christmas ever, we took Michael sister on a Christmas walk at Winton woods, opened gifts had dinner and then had a family friend over where we played games as they were by themselves for Christmas.  Even through the fog of sickness and not being prepared, it honestly was one of the best Christmas days in a while.  we did not really have many gifts for the kids but honestly we felt so blessed this year with neighbors and friends that showered us with love. Our neighbor spent hours making each of the four kids a special blanket for their bed. Her gift and sacrifice touched me.









No comments:

Post a Comment