Thursday, December 17, 2020

Welcome... Judah Obadiah Lyons

We welcome Judah Obadiah Lyons to our family on Friday, December 11th at 7:05pm.  
He weighed in at 7lb. and 7 oz.   20 oz.
 
Judah's birth story:  He was due on Thursday, December 17.  The doctor had originally scheduled me to be induced Tuesday, December 15 in the evening to be induced overnight.  I was originally due Thursday, December 17.  
 
I went in for my appointment on Friday, December 11th at 7:30am.  Dr. Van Wyck checked my blood pressure and said it was high and they wanted to send me down to be induced that day.  We grabbed our bags and grabbed the kids to take to Mom and Dad and headed to the hospital.  We got to the hospital around 10:00am and waited until 1:00pm until they started the pitocin.  I started having contractions but there was no progress.  Around 5pm, I began to get discouraged that nothing was happening.  The nurse checked me and found I was not making much progress and said she couldn't even tell if he was head down.  They did a quick ultrasound to find that he was transverse and not in the right position.  The doctor said they would need to do a c-section right away.  I was fine with whatever needed to happen.  They headed us into the OR.  The surgery was hard for me.  I felt pretty anxious and could not stop shaking, probably from the spinal.  They had a bit of trouble getting him out, and it took longer than normal.  It was definitely a strange experience to be awake during the whole process.  After going to post-op, I still could not hold the baby as I was shaking so much.  I really struggled with the numbness of my legs.  The Lord did help us and gave me much grace and help.  Michael was such a big help during the whole process.  

Having a baby during covid pandemic 2020:
  
This was definitely a crazy delivery and birth during this covid pandemic.  I have to admit I was very anxious before having him about all the details leading up to his birth.  Thankfully they tested me in the hospital and I was covid- negative.  It was strange to wear masks all the time when the nurses would come in.  I missed not having visitors in the hospital this time.  The nurses and everyone was so great!  It was a sober time knowing that there were Covid patients dying in a wing in the same hospital.  The doctor that delivered Judah spent a half hour with us visiting and said his brother-in-law was dying of covid in a wing of Christ Hospital.  We told him we would pray for him.  This has been a hard year for everyone, that is clearly evident.  Many of the medical workers are tired and worn out.  

Welcome:
Judah Obadiah Lyons

Judah- means "praise given to Yahweh!"
Obadiah-  servant of Yahweh, Yahwestic name

Verses of Dedication:

Psalm 86:12-
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
    I will glorify your name forever.

Revelation 5:5-
Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.

Hymn:  O God Our Help In Ages Past
"O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.

Within the shadow of thy throne,
Still may we dwell secure.  
Sufficient is thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.

Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting thou art God,
To endless years the same.

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Be thou our guide while life shall last 
And our eternal home."

Text: Isaac Watts, 1674–1748. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.

Music: William Croft, 1677–1727



 

No comments:

Post a Comment