Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Bride, Erin

This is a guest post by Michael; well, actually, it is a "sneak-attack" post, since Erin has no idea I am writing on the blog.  It is Thursday evening and she will probably see this tomorrow--which tomorrow, Fri the 30th is Erin's birthday!!!

So.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!

Now let me tell you all out there in blog land--Erin is quite a wife.  In fact, I firmly believe that when the author of Proverbs 31 was writing about the wise woman--yup, he was talking about Erin E. Lyons.  Aside from God saving me, redeeming me, and bring me to himself through Jesus--Erin is the greatest thing God has brought into my life.  I am grateful and thankful for her love and unwavering support she has shown me over the last years together.  Prov 18:22 fits Erin well: "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." Truly, God has bestowed grace upon me for allowing me to marry such a gracious and godly woman.

Over the past year, God has grown Erin and changed her more in the image of Jesus Christ.  I can testify as her husband that God is working in her life.  The evidences of grace in her are far too numerous to write, but just to give you a hint of the blessings I get to live with each day:
  • After working hard each day at school, Erin serves me by making dinner
  • When I have a particularly stressed time at school, Erin serves me extra well and finds ways to ease my stress
  • Erin loves me and forgives me when I sin against her
  • When Erin suffers, she looks to Jesus
  • Erin serves other people even when she herself is hurting
  • Erin displays the gospel to the world in the way she lives out her role as a wife, modeling biblical womanhood. 
  • Erin is always trying to grow in God's word, seeking out times of prayer and reading
Now, I could go on and on and on...and I am probably making my beautiful wife blush right now, because more than anything I am amazed at my wife's beautiful humility that she displays every day.  A husband is allowed to boast right??

Happy Birthday, Erin! I love and cherish you more than you will ever know.  Thank you for preaching the gospel to me every day.
Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment