Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Graduation Michael!!!!




Michael’s Graduation- Friday, May 14, 2010
It is hard to believe that 5 years ago in October we were married and moved to our little one bedroom apartment in Louisville. I remember starting my job at the seminary thinking how far away graduation seemed. My office in fact worked all year preparing graduation and I thought someday Michael will graduate but 2010 seemed so far away. Now, a week after graduation has come and gone- I still stand amazed that this day is here. I have to admit I was getting teary-eyed on Friday thinking about leaving this rich season of our lives. It is hard to believe this chapter is coming to a end. God has been so faithful in this season, providing in amazing ways during this seminary journey and teaching us more about Himself! I was challenged and encouraged by such a Christ honoring graduation. I have never been to a graduation that so pointed people to Christ and left me thinking about my eternal home with Christ. Dr. Mohler reminded the graduates that they are small and insignificant in the grand scheme of God’s provident workings. Their days on this earth are short and yet God has called and appointed them as ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Soldiers of Christ in Truth arrayed. It was a graduation that I was proud to be a part of and supporting my amazing husband who worked so hard these past 4 years! I am so proud of him and so humbled and thankful for this season at Southern Seminary!!





 
 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! I just took a few minutes "catching up with the Lyon's" and I have missed out on a lot! So happy for the both of you and we will be praying as you start this new chapter in your lives! Miss you both dearly! :)

    ReplyDelete