Friday, July 30, 2010

Crazy Week

The Lord is stretching us this week as it is the last full week of work for both Michael & I. As we try to finish at our jobs, the Lord gave us some other things this week that have been stretching us and exposing our hearts very quickly. Poor Michael has poison ivy from head to toe and is in a wedding in a week so after getting some steroids and much itch relief cream, we are hopeful it will clear up. Not only that, but Wednesday night our air went out in our apartment. Our apartment is on the second floor and gets literally full sun and no circulation. I think it was 90 degrees in our apartment as I was packing the kitchen that night. Needless to say at 10:30pm, laying in bed, I couldn’t take it anymore so we went to the Legacy Center to spend the night and the air felt so good. We had always wanted to stay at the Legacy Center but not for this particular occasion. The air was still off when Michael got home Thursday so I called and asked about the status of our air conditioner and tried to see if we could get some reimbursement for our overnight stay. Sandy then proceeded to tell me that they do not give anything because air is a luxury and we had a roof under her head. While I did somewhat agree with her, I told her that the sign on our building says that they are the “Luxury one bedroom apartments” so I think the air is included. Don’t worry I said it kinda laughing but she really did not laugh back. They also had closed our laundry facility this week too. I think the Lord is preparing us to leave our little Hilltop House.
We are excited and ready to leave for Branson, Missouri on Sunday to spend a few days relaxing by the pool in my aunt’s condo before we head to Dallas for the wedding of Joseph Proctor and Amber Smith August 7th. We are hoping to spend time with Josh and Amy Jensen while in Dallas & little Becca & Jeremy & Bethany Williamson. We will then head back to Louisville via Memphis to see our dear David & Laura and baby Jude.

1 comment: