Friday, August 20, 2010

A Few Things Friday...



We have almost lived in Cincinnati for one week now and I wake up each morning thinking what I am doing in this city.  My mom spent Sunday to Thursday visiting and helping me unload all the things we have collected in a one bedroom apartment.  She was a great help and I enjoyed her company.

A few things I have noticed about my new home...
1.  Trash seems to find itself everywhere.  I am continually picking up Cheetos wrappers and other items off our front lawn- how oh how do they get there?
2.  The other morning I went walking with my weights and a woman stopped me on the street and insisted on trying my weights- I hesitantly held onto them thinking she might steal them and then slowly let her hold them- very interesting experience.
3.  There ar eso many different areas of Cincinnati- I just can't keep track of all the different "communities" in this city.
4.  We had our first experience with the Jews- Hebrew Unionites- most being rabbis.  They all were very nice and have quite a community there but have interesting cookout options- Hebrew National hotdogs and Kosher hamburgers.  Thankfully Michael did not bring any ham sandwiches with him to lunch- he does not want to offend them. 
5.  Michael passed his Hebrew exam today!!!  I am so proud of him- it was by a professor that is very intimidating- the downside is when Michael told some graduate students the four language classes he was taking this semester- their expressiosn were not too positive- oh I hope I get to see my husband this semester!  :)  Or will I loose him to the world of the Jews. 

I'm hoping to pick up the blog again soon and will post more pictures of our move and our new place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment