Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hebrew Thursday...


The past few Thursdays Michael has begun teaching a class on Biblical Hebrew for the community at Hebrew Union College.  When he was hired to teach this class, I thought well, now is my chance to learn the alphabet that has been on my fridge for the past 3 years!  So needless to say, I am a student of my husband and he is doing an excellent job teaching this class!  We were amazed the first night with the backgrounds of the few ladies that came to the class.  These few had called Hebrew Union and asked about a class.  They are from all different backgrounds and varying beliefs and we feel like it is such a privilege to get to know them and learn Hebrew and think how neat that Hebrew may be an avenue the Lord will use in their lives to teach them about Him!  So please pray with us for opportunities to talk about Christ!  Last week, Michael began mentioning the name for Yahweh in Hebrew and talked a little bit about the history and background of God's name!  It was neat! 

I feel like for the past 5 years I have been in a "Christian seminary bubble" and now since we have moved to Cincinnati- I am surrounded with more unbelievers.  I feel kinda new to this since it has been awhile and I am praying that the Lord uses my relationships with these women as well as the women that I watch their kids to allow me to have opportunities to share about Christ!

Oh and by the way- Michael Lyons is the greatest Hebrew teacher in the world!!!  He really is good at breaking down the language to help you understand- so if you are wanting to learn Biblical Hebrew- I think I could hook you up with a good one.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment