Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jeremiah- 2 weeks

I am finding these days that it is hard to find time to post pictures of the little guy amidst trying to feed and sleep myself when he is resting.  We have enjoyed these 2 weeks with our little man though we are beginning to wonder if he is taking on his often associated nickname in the book of Jeremiah- the weeping prophet.  He is a good baby but the last 2 weeks, Michael and I have definately realized how much we need wisdom from the Lord in raising this child.  We have had a few nights where he wailed unconsolably and we felt at a loss to know what to do to help the little guy.  Either he has some gas/tummy problems which we are trying to figure out or he is weeping over the sins of Israel- we're not sure which.  :)  Thankfully, my mom has been with us for 2 weeks and this weekend my Dad, sister Rachel & brother Josh were able to come visit for President's weekend.  We enjoyed a few short outings with them and Jeremiah enjoyed Mom-mom and Pop-pop time and time with Aunt Rache and Uncle Josh!!  It was a sad day on Monday when I watched my fam drive away on Monday, knowing Michael and I were now on our own.  Thankfully- Michael's mom will be taking off Wednesday to Friday to help me this week- thanks Grandma Lyons!  Michael is being a great daddy though it is definately hard for him to study with some of Jeremiah's sleepless nights.  So we are praying for grace and strength and trusting the Lord sustains through this season as I know He promises He will!  I am so thankful for some sweet moms and friends who have given me encouragement and advice just when I felt hopeless in figuring out my little guy!  So thanks my sweet friends for your encouragement and love!  I admire you all the more! 

On another note- we have been amazed by the outpouring of love/affection through cards and gifts for Jeremiah in the mail- hoping to post some of them soon!  And Evangelical Community Church ( our church in Cincinnati ) has been a HUGE blessing with the meals they have been bringing to us the past 2 weeks!  What a blessed ministry- we are very grateful!






I detect a little smile :)


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet family! I'm praying for you guys during these tough first months. It gets easier; I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will eventually sleep through the night again! :-) Loved seeing all the pictures! Kepp up the good work, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete