Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Month Old & Sweet Friends




Jeremiah turned one month old on Monday!  I can hardly believe he is over 4 weeks old now.  The Lord has been gracious to us in this season!  I feel like we are learning more about how to care for the little guy every day.  At times these past 4 weeks, I have been so overwhelmed at the precious gift God has give us and I have at times been anxious about how to care best for this little one.  The Lord reminded me of my need for trusting in Him again this week as we went to the doctor and found Jeremiah is not gaining weight like he should.  My initial response was one of worry and doubting myself as a mom that I know how to feed him correctly and wondering why he was not gaining weight.  I can easily put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure I do things right.  Thanksfully, through the encouragement of my gentle, steadfast husband and Sara Fillmann a sweet friend, they encouraged me to take one step at a time.  We are trying to feed him a bottle which was a challenge at first as he did not know what to do with it- so we are told to supplement him some with formula and a bottle. 

We also were very encouraged on Sunday to have two out of town visitors who were driving through Cincinnati on their way to other destinations.  Anne Marrs & Emily are sweet friends from Louisville and it was so fun to see them for a little bit.  Jeremiah can't wait until Aunt Anne has a chance to babysit him and spend more time with him!  And we are still rooting for Emily to go to college next year at Xavier in Cincinnati though we want her to go where the Lord leads her.  And then Bryan & Marcie Williamson and their sweet girls Hailey and Kelsey visited from Michigan.  This family has been such an encouragement to us since we met them at Grace in Louisville.  Bryan's dear parents were in our small group in Louisville at Faith church and we just adore his parents, Jim & Susan and really love Bryan and Marcie too as they have been a continual joy to know and encouragement to us!  So it was fun to visit with these sweet friends!!  :)

We are all too excited to be seeing the our friends- David, Laura, Lord willing, next week sometime!!!!  I can't wait for Jude & Jeremiah to meet and hope some day- they can be good friends!!  :)





1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeremiah!!! We'll pray that you get the hang of using your bottle. Becca had to learn how to use the bottle...it took a while, but once she learned, she became an expert! Now she LOVES her bottle (which I really need to take away from her soon!)! :-)

    ReplyDelete