Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Anniversary Trip to Cincinnati :)

 Michael and I always enjoy going away for our anniversary and this year we had an extra person with us so to celebrate 6 years, we called up Pop-pop and Mom-mom and they came to watch the little guy.  I am sure Jeremiah will like this train at some point- we went to Lebanon for the Apple Festival and then Grandpa and Grandma had him for almost 24 hours!  He did great and we enjoyed some time the two of us in downtown Cincinnati.

 We stayed in the Millennium Hotel and spent time walking the streets.  We went to a hamburger place on Friday night- Walnut Street Grill and then heard some Irish music in Fountain Square as well as having Graeters- yum!  Sunday morning we enjoyed a long walk around the city and walked across the bridge into Indiana.  We even went up the Carew Tower which was neat and saw a huge plane fly over for the Bengals game that afternoon!  It was a little weird having a plane fly at you on a tall building but neat to see!
 Our lunch on Sunday included "First Watch" which was an AWESOME breakfast and lunch place!  It was soo good- I will go back again!







 It was fun to get away and spend time together- something we want to make a priority in our marriage and I am thankful my parents are so kind to come out and help us do that!  Mom taught Jeremiah how to clap and I think I just heard him say Mom-mom for the first time this week! 


1 comment:

  1. ehmm....maybe you crossed the bridge into Kentucky?
    I'm bad with directions too. But now you have a Bonus State!
    I've been in cincinnati for 5 years and i cant keep a good mental map--i'm used to grid layouts

    ReplyDelete