Tuesday, September 24, 2013

8 Years Together!













Today we are celebrating 8 years of marriage together! I am so thankful that throughout our dating process, Michael stuck with me through many highs and lows and so thankful he continues to stick with me through 8 years of marriage! The Lord has truly blessed me indeed! The journey is not always smooth but it is a joyous journey and we praise God for where He has brought us these last years! As we think back on our wedding day, I think of all that God has taught us about handling conflict and what it means to truly love- not what the world defines as love- a love that does not always make us happy but holy! I am starting to read the book- When Sinners Say I Do- by Dave Harvey- and it has been challenging me on the importance of realizing my husband is a sinner and that I too am a sinner. I must see my own sin to grow in holiness and to truly love this other person! And I must acknowledge that my spouse sins and is not perfect. Only God can grow and change us both to be more like Him! Happy 8 years of marriage Michael! So glad to be able to follow you as you follow Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment