Friday, March 28, 2014

Birthday Surprise!!!

We did it- yesterday, I successfully made an 8 hour trek to PA to surprise my dad for his birthday.  A sweet friend from church agreed to go with me on the trip and drive her car and help with the kiddos- it was a huge blessing!  And we had a lot of fun- I think it would have been hard to drive by myself with the kids!  We arrived at 5:30 at my sister's house and jumped out and surprised both my parents!  My mom screamed, Lydia cried- fun times were had by all!  We got him Chinese for dinner and had a great time together.  We are a little sleep deprived as the kids too minimal naps in the car and then were up part of the night but we are glad we are here.  Happy Birthday to my Dad!  We are here as well for the Missions Festival at my home church that my dad is organizing.  It is his first time organizing this Festival in his new role at church so we are glad to be a part!  Tonight Steve Green concert- looking forward to the worship tonight!





1 comment: