Monday, March 10, 2014

Lydia's Birthday Blessing Party

This year, on Sunday, February 16th we did a Birthday Blessing party for Lydia.  I got this idea from my best friend and roomie Sara and love it!  We invited a handful of people from church that have been in Lydia's life during this first year- we wish we could have invited more but space would not allow.  We basically had people bring a card or word of encouragement or blessing or Scripture or prayer for Lydia's life.  I made pork bbq sandwiches and others brought sides and we spent time eating and fellowshipping.  After dinner- we spent time honoring Gigi who Lydia is named after and prayed for her little life that she would grow to be a woman that honors and loves the Lord above all else!  And then we had cake and ice cream and sang to her and boy did she love her chocolate lamb cake!  I found this lamb cake on clearance at Kroger one year and bought it!  I wanted to use it for Lydia's birthday- having a lion cake for Jeremiah's 1st birthday and a lamb cake for Lydia's.  I also remember my Mom-mom Harris making this cake at Easter every year so it is in memory of her and will be a staple for our kids Easter celebrations!











No comments:

Post a Comment