Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our week...

 Last week, we hit the holidays off with sickness.  While my parents were here- Jeremiah got a fever and soon Lydia followed as well as lots of coughing- I think we might be finally on the mend but Michael just started battling a cold now.  
 Jeremiah has been helpful- a midst frequent hand washing- to help me bake Christmas cookies- his favorite- unwrapping the Hershey kisses.  The Lord is giving me great perspective this Advent season to help me simplify what I am doing and not get stressed in all the details.  Yes, I may not have my Christmas letter out or most of my gifts bought but we are rejoicing in His goodness one day at a time.  
 So... I have really been missing my sweet friend who I skype with once a week- but glad she is home in the States having fun with family.  I realize though how important it is to have intentional friendships where we pray specifically for one another- here in the trenches of mommy hood- it is easy to loose focus and we need prayer! I have been trying to use the little extra time I have to reach out to someone.  Today we had our "crosswalk" friend over for lunch.  She works in helping kids cross our street at school time and she works at our Kroger.  We have developed a neat friendship and she sweetly agreed to have lunch with us today and it was a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment