Thursday, July 2, 2015

Potty training...

So our excitement for our big changes this week has led to tears all the way around for Mommy and kids.  Jeremiah is doing well at night but has cried himself to sleep the past couple nights.  The first night Daddy rubbed his back and he asked Daddy to pray for him as being brave was very hard.  By Wednesday morning Mommy was in tears from 2 full days of boot camp potty training and much failure.  I was struggling to see any success and my perspective was going downhill fast.  I woke up Wed. morning and thought I can't do another day of this boot camp- staying in these 4 walls all day and not seeing any signs of improvement.  I prayed that morning that God would give me help and he did through some sweet friends willing to come alongside in my weakness.  My cracks were definitely visible- my friend and mentor Becky walked into my home as things were strewn across the floor and the kids were running amuck and I was crying and sobbing and couldn't pull myself together.  She hugged me and we went for a walk to get out.  I then later called other friends which gave me some practical tips and advice on where to go from here.  So all that said- it has been a ROUGH week!  There are days or weeks like this where we must remember that we are but "clay"-earthen vessels, jars, pots that break and crack!  We need the great Potter to be our strength and help.  And we need friends- other moms, the Body of Christ because parenting is hard work and sometimes it is not fun and we feel weak and tired and exhausted!  So thankful yesterday for these sisters that helped pull me up and set my hope in Christ again and the long term perspective when tunnel vision gets me down. 

So- Lydie is going some on the potty but has had a ton of accidents.  So I am going to persevere this week- take a step back and not put too much pressure on her and see what happens.  As my friend said, she may have a ton  of accidents but she is learning with each accident.  We will see what the rest of the week holds- cracks and all. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment