Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gifts...

In the last week- we have received a few blessings, gifts from the Lord.  A couple in our small group offered us their brand new mattress for their bed after they decided to get another one.  We were thrilled and saw this as a blessing from God!  About a week ago, a woman that I only got to know a few months ago but who has moved overseas sent me a book.  She sent it in all her flurry to leave the States and that touched me.  I am looking forward to reading it- it is called The Invisible Woman- When Only God Sees by Nicole Johnson.  The title of it intrigues me and cuts to the heart of what God has been working in my heart lately.  Motherhood is a call to suffer.  It is a call to lay down our desires, wants and desires and serve our children and our husbands daily- over and over again.  It feels mundane- not glamorous and yet it is our calling.  Lately, I have been struggling with that calling- wanting to serve in a bigger capacity than what I have been called.  And yet my calling as a mom is the biggest calling and mission I could ever have on the face of this earth!  I am asking God to refresh this vision in me this year and thankful for those ladies who can mentor us young moms in these Titus 2 areas- to love our children and husband and to be busy at home!  So thankful for these reminders!

No comments:

Post a Comment