Monday, May 9, 2016

Mothers...

Random Thoughts:

*  The days seem to be slipping by and I don't know where they are going.  A week ago, I celebrated my 34th birthday.  My dear hubby and friends worked hard to make me feel special and encouraged.  They hosted a little get together and it was a sweet time of fellowship and prayer.  In this season lately of struggling, I have been so thankful for these friends that point me to Christ and remind me of Truth and the promises of God!
*  Motherhood- As we celebrated Mother's Day yesterday I have had a few thoughts.  Motherhood is great, so wonderful, an amazing joy and privilege and yet at the same time- so much harder than I ever expected.  I am in awe of the weighty calling and privilege I have to shape these little lives for eternity!  I feel so weak, so needy, so dependent of God's amazing grace and mercy especially in this season.  A mother often asks herself- what should I do, what should I say, how can the Lord help me train this child's character.  Thankful that God gives lavish grace, new every morning.  Before I was even a mother, I remember listening to this sermon- it seems daunting- but it is true.  To be a mother is a call to suffer- it is a call to die to self, it is a call to embrace the cross of Christ- I am crucified with Christ and I no longer live- Christ lives in me.  To be a mother is to change the world through a child- to give my life for another.  I am learning and God is growing me in this high calling of motherhood.  I pray that in this new year, I would value this calling more and truly embrace it for the ministry and kingdom work it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment