Saturday, May 14, 2011

Reading

Lately...

I have immensely enjoyed reading the book Contentment by Lydia Brownback.  A sweet friend- Bonnie Myers sent this to me for my birthday.  I understand that they have many different books but this sweet friend new this was the one I needed as I had prayed and shared often with her at Southern that I struggled in this area of contentment.  This has been a neat little book to read while I am nursing Jeremiah to help me take advantage of these moments to ponder God's Word in this area.

A few neat quotes,
"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?"  (Rom. 8:32)  Can we not be content if part of the "all things" includes some withholding?  For the daughter of God, any withholding is itself a provision, and we can experience it with joy when we know that the withholder loves us."

"Our problem really isn't that we need something we don't have; our problem is that we don't find God to be enough for us."  So true!!!

Just some thoughts on this rainy Saturday :)  I also have recently enjoyed reading Instructing a Child's Heart by Tedd & Margy Tripp- very good!  Trying to think what I should read next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment