Thursday, December 8, 2011

In Faithfulness He Afflicts...

Today, I just was feeling plain discouraged.  I was feeling unmotivated and sad and lonely for some reason.  I realize sometimes that blogging can be such a "me" focused activity and that sometimes I can easily paint a rosy picture of life when the truth is life can be hard and the days can seem mundane.  Our family has been sick all week, it has been rainy and cold- I  have no where to go to take walks, no buddy to take walks with (except my little buddy)- these are the lies that were pervading my mind.  Michael has been a trooper all week and has been sleeping on the couch so I can get some sleep and yet I still grumble and complain.  And despite Jeremiah's cough, he has been a trooper and has been cheerful and happy- only I have been the one to get down. 
 
And yet I call this to mind and therefore I have hope...

"Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.  Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word.  I know, O Lord, that your rules are righteous and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me."  Psalm 119:73-75

How I pray that on days like these- others would see me and rejoice because I have hoped and am hoping right now in His Word!  In faithfulness He afflicts!

No comments:

Post a Comment