Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Blackberries

I am making Michael his first blackberry,raspberry pie of this year. My sister-in-law Laura and I have been picking blackberries at the church twice. Our church has a beautiful property with a house and a lake and many many blackberry bushes around the lake- the problem- they have amazing thorns so you pick at your own risk. The first time we took turns picking and watching the kids on the playground- the second time we got Grandpa to help us so we could pick at the same time. The boys loved playing in his truck that time. Though we both realized, it is def. harder with kids now. Laura has been teaching me a lot about canning this month- we have canned peaches and have canned and made blackberry jam too. Laura is my faithful instructor in these canning areas as I am not as good at that type stuff- I would rather just stuff things in the freezer.




No comments:

Post a Comment