Friday, August 23, 2013

Transitions this Summer!

This summer we have had several transitions! It started with Jeremiah learning to potty train the last week of June! We are still in process on this one- he does well for the most part but seems like on the weekends struggles more when we are out in the evenings or with friends! He STRUGGLES to break away from hard core playing with friends and I am sure that is common at this stage for some kiddos. At times I have been frustrated with him and myself feeling like a failure when he does not perform in this area. Some sweet friends have reminded me that he is in process. He was doing so well pooping on the potty and then backslides. So we are still in process. The beginning of August we put him in a big boy toddler bed- basically took the rail off of his bed- he loves it and loves running and jumping onto the bed! For the most part- he has stayed in bed though a few nights fell out of bed and calls for me in the middle of the night if something falls out of bed! We also started putting them to sleep in the same room and even napping them together at times as I will be watching Katy again this fall. Lydie does great at falling asleep while Jeremiah is singing to himself at night and he always call for Lydia to come in the room to bed. Though the other day, I did catch him crawling into her crib with her at bedtime. So over the course of two months- we have been trying to make slow transitions and I look back and think- we have had a lot of change this summer in our little house! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment