Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Bathing Suit

About the middle of summer, I was looking for a new bathing suit as the one I had was about 8 years old. After looking and looking, Michael encouraged me to try something a little different based on a site he had found off of Focus on the Family's website- modest swimwear. It sent me to a few sites to look at their swim dresses. This led me to getting this swim dress. Honestly, what really got me thinking was that now I have a daughter- I want to be in the practice of modeling modesty even in areas like a swim suit. I have always found swimsuits to make me feel somewhat naked and have often felt the need for a shirt or shorts to cover me. I do think most of my believing friends have done a great job at being modest with swim wear so I don't want people to feel guilty by my swim suit. After a month wearing it, I really like it- it is comfortable and modest. I don't know how long the material will last so I am trying to gently wash it and use it with care as the suit was a little pricey. This was the site that I bought it from Works of the Heart. Honestly, it helped that my friend Laura in South Asia has a suit like this- so I just love that I could fit in overseas with this suit as well. :)

1 comment: