Saturday, November 16, 2013

New Things...



New things I am learning this year- knitting and canning... We learned how to knit in our Thursday Morning Moms class and I am trying to finish my wash cloth- though it is slow in coming. And my sister-in-law Laura is helping me can this fall. With her help, we have canned peaches, pears, jams, applesauce,and apple pie filling. Last year, I only canned 5 jars of applesauce- so this is huge for me. I will have to say- canning is not my natural inclination- I would much rather throw it it in the freezer than can- but with Laura's help and spending time together- it is so much more fun! I only had one disaster so far when I did it on my own- I exploded 2 jars when I sat them on a hot burner- why do I always do that! So here is to more canning- I think- though I still may throw it in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment