Monday, December 9, 2013

Thinking...

This weekend, honestly, at times, I felt sad. On Saturday, we went to a funeral for Michael's cousin who was 34 and died of a disease she had struggled with for many years and the last year had suffered greatly! She was young and a medical doctor and so full of dreams. We struggle with questions like "Why did she die so young?" When we returned home, I heard more devastating news that a woman and her two children lost their daddy and husband from a lung disease. She and her sweet kids had been in our music class this last year until they moved to St. Louis for him to be on the list for a lung transplant- he didn't get it in time. I spent last night struggling thinking about this young mom and her two kids and praying God would give them grace and then thinking what would I do in her shoes. And at times like these I can not help but think about hurt and pain and suffering in this world- we know God is in control- He has a plan but some things like this just hurt. We see people suffering and we hurt for them and we say O God, how long... My cousin's funeral had a few songs that were such good reminders- Robin Mark's Song- When It's All Been Said and Done and Chris Tomlin's Song- I will Rise- Jesus has overcome, And the grave is overwhelmed, The victory is won, He is Risen from the Dead... And I will rise when He calls my name, No more sorrow, No more pain. I will rise on eagles' wings, Before my God fall on my knees and Rise. In times like these- we cling to hope in God's Word- Praise God that Jesus has overcome Death! 1 Corinthians 15:55- "When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?

No comments:

Post a Comment