Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our Journey Home...

We made it home from a week long trip to PA last week. Michael was going to Baltimore for the week with some guys from HUC to attend ETS (Evangelical Theological Society) and SBL (Society of Biblical Literature). The kids and I tagged along since Baltimore is only an hour from my parents, we went to visit them. The trip went fairly well until the end- on the way there- the kids did great for the 8 hours. I was on entertainment crew and overall they didn’t sleep that well but they did great. On the way home- Michael and I found ourselves weary and in much need of prayer. The night before we left- Jeremiah and Lydia came down with fevers. You know the boy is sick when we go out to dinner and all he does is sleep at the table- head down on the table. We went out to dinner to celebrate my mom and my brother’s birthday. I had a sleeping boy on one side and a fussy girl in my lap- Lydia also was sick- needless to say I barely got to eat my meal. That night his fever broke and around 1:30am- he was up and going strong- I eventually took him downstairs and we watched Sesame Street for 2 hours while I tried to sleep on the couch. We both praise the Lord for helping us get home riding on little sleep. The kids were tired on the trip and slept a lot as they had colds. After lunch- Jeremiah threw up again in the car all over everything and the car seat- oh my! I week before on Sunday- I stayed home from church and did many loads of when he had the stomach flu! Needless to say- it has been an eventful week and we are glad to be home! A sweet sweet friend- Amy S. brought us dinner Monday night- now that is a true friend and she just warmed my weary heart with her kindness- she even remembered me saying we liked Magnum bars from being in Israel so she went and bought me some- so truly thoughtful! Now we are laying low these past few days and trying to get rid of the germs we have. This is Lydie’s first real cold and I hate to see them both coughing and congested and really sick. Praying these little kids get better soon and so thankful Lydia has done so well for these 9 months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment