Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby's Room

After many frustrating weeks of careful searching, we finally found a crib and dresser/changing table for the Baby Lyons' room.  It seems that the price of furniture is outrageous these days and we were so thankful to find this discontinued model at Burlington and that it was a great price too!  So now we are feeling a little more ready for Baby Lyons' arrival though the doctor things it will probably still be a few weeks- but who knows! 

We were thankful to find the lions/jungle bedding at a store called Once Upon A Child near us that has great used furniture and kids clothing!!!







Yes, Michael is sharing a room with the baby- they will be study buddies today.  He may even try to teach him Hebrew at a young age and is already contemplating when he can start teaching the little guy.  :)  We are so thankful for the cradle the Wojnickis let us and we have put that in our room in the corner. 

2 comments:

  1. Erin, so glad to see everything coming together for the inhabitants of the Lyons' den. You look FAB.

    So glad you have a changing table! People kept telling me I would never use it, and I used it DAILY for dressing my babies as well as changing diapers, and of course storage.

    Ditto for the cradle (I also borrowed cradles) and rocking chair--so important! One of my regrets is that I didn't have a comfy rocking chair -- just a wooden one with cushions that really didn't feet me right.

    Keep keeping us posted!!! Love, Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, Erin! Happy for you, excited for your experience as well. Being a mama is amazing. Wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. I loved having my cradle right next to my side of the bed ... was easy for mid-night feedings and soothings. Above all, keep in mind that NO book is all right. Trust your instincts as a mother and you won't go wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete