Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter 2011




My family came to visit this past weekend for Easter and we had so much fun visiting with them and celebrating Christ's death and resurrection!  My sister- Rachel and her husband Mike visited as well and we enjoyed some "coffee shop time" with them.  We also went to Montgomery Inn to try their delicious "Cincinnati" BBQ sauce- the restaurant was down on the river and boy was that river high from all the rain we have had- and it happened to be raining all weekend.  


Daddy & Jeremiah tried to dress similar for Easter morning.  Jeremiah received as a gift this little outfit with the lion on his vest.  :)  Grandma Lyons got him a bib that said his first Easter. :)





Here is a picture of my whole family- minus Jonathan- he had to work and go to school back in PA.


Both sets of grandparents!  We had our 6th annual Lyons Den Easter meal now at Grandpa & Grandma Lyons home for more room!  We still tried to help and make some fixings.  I admit it was sad that I did not host this year in our apartment but it worked out well!


My dad- Pop-pop Delp had a way with Jeremiah all weekend- usually at night when he was fussy- he would put him on his shoulder and just rub his back and he would just calm down and become all relaxed- just look at that face!!!  It reminded me of when my dad would lay with us as kids before bed and we always wanted him to rub our backs.  Sometimes- well most often- he would fall asleep before we would but it was so special and I can tell Jeremiah is going to enjoy his Pop-pop time as well as Mom-mom time too.  He loved playing with my mom as well.  Jeremiah was happy they were here and sad when they left. :(  We are thankful for the reminder this weekend of the glorious resurrection and the hope we have in Him!  I pray that in future years as Jeremiah gets older- I will be thoughtful of activities that can help him think through the TRUE meaning and hope that Easter brings!  For now, today is one of the first days of sun in weeks- so we are going to Winton Woods to walk!  :) 



1 comment: