Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Friends


This weekend, sweet friends Nicole Fenton and Sara Fillmann packed up their Sara's minivan and brought their two kiddos the 8 hour trip to visit Sarah Brown and I in Cincinnati.  It was so fun to hang out together and catch up!  I know it was quite the trip for them to bring their kiddos all the way out here.  We did various things around nap and feeding schedules but were able to go to a few parks and let Joshua run around and then we did make it to Jungle Jims for a little bit.  Sara Fillmann and I have been friends now for over 17 years I think.  She was my best friend throughout high school and we got the privilege of rooming together in college.  More than that she is a sweet friend and sister who pushes me to be more like Christ!  I value her prayers and advice as a mom now in this season!  Nicole Fillmann I met through the Saras- she and her husband challenge me in their love for Christ and how they make hard decisions and sacrifices to serve Him!  And Sarah Brown is a sweet friend who now I get to see in Cincinnati- she is a great compassionate nurse at a children's burn hospital downtown!  Sarah has a heart for serving people and for the world in missions!  Sarah Brown will do anything for you- she truly serves with joy and a servant's heart!  So I learn so much from being with these sweet friends!   I love Watermark's Song, "More Than You'll Ever Know", which sums up how the Lord has used these sweet friends along my walk in this journey of life.  :)

Something brought you to my mind today


I thought about the funny ways

you make me laugh

And yet I feel like it's ok to cry with you

Something about just being with you

When I leave I feel like I've been with God

and that's the way it ought to be, yeah
Chorus:

Cause you've been more than a friend to me

you fight off my enemies

cause you have spoken the truth over my life

And you'll never know what it means to me

just to know you've been on your knees for me

Oh, you have blessed my life

more than you'll ever know

Yeah, yeah, yeah, more than you'll ever know

Yeah, yeah, yeah
 



No comments:

Post a Comment