Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 Years Ago...


This morning I woke up remembering two years ago...  On Friday, July 3 two years ago, I was supposed to be enjoying a day off from work for the 4th of July holiday- instead I was lying in Baptist East hospital at 5:30am preparing for a D & C.  On this day, as I am reminded of the sadness of that day two years ago as we lost our first child, yet I am also reminded of God's mercy and grace.  Little did I know that that miscarriage would result in a year of waiting to start trying to have children and how the Lord used that time to help me to wait on Him, trust Him, be still and wait!  One of the Scripture passages the Lord has used over and over again during seasons of waiting... 

Lamentations 3:21-26

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, therefore I will hope in him.  The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks him.  It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

One of the greatest chapters that sustained me during this season was John Piper's book- Battling Unbelief- I love his chapter on the Unbelief of Impatience.  Oh how I battled that during this season and how I continue to battle impatience.  I want what I want when I want it.  :)  Pretty selfish of me. 

"Patience is the capacity to wait and endure without murmuring and disillusionment- to wait in the unplanned place and endure the unplanned pace."    May we wait on the Lord, knowing that to wait is to trust HIM and His purpose and plan and to walk truly by faith and not by sight!!!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I hope."  (Psalm 130:5)

I had this little bear in my office at work all year- how neat that a sweet friend from college thought to give it to me during a difficult time when I had given it to her during college during her difficult time!  I still have that little bear in Jeremiah's room that reminds me constantly of the Lord's goodness and grace and the season of waiting and trusting in the Lord and His purposeful and good timing of all things!

1 comment: