Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Bread- -

A few people have been wanting this recipe for Sweet Potato Bread that I mentioned on Facebook.  When I was at college at Cedarville, there was an ever popular ice cream parlor and restaurant called Youngs.  We loved the ice cream and my favorite part about the restaurant was their bread they served with applesauce before a meal- sooo good!  When we were up visiting I saw they had their recipe on a postcard- so of course I bought it.  So even though I bought the recipe, I am giving you this for free- though I could charge 50 cents and help raise money for Jeremiah's future schooling- esp. if he intends to do as much as his daddy. :) 


Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Bread
Makes 1 loaf or 12 muffins

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter softened
2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TB ground cinnamon
1 1/2 dashes ground cloves
1/2 cup water

Directions:  Preheat oven to 375
Butter & flour pan, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy- stir in puree & egg
Sift together dry ingredients, stir into 1/2 creamed mix
Stir in water and dry mix.
Muffins bake 15 minutes
Bread bakes 35 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment