Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Faithful in the Few...

 I have been thinking a lot tonight about how my deepest desire is to be faithful in the few, faithful in the little things- the most mundane things of this life.  Some days I feel like it is so tiring being the mom of a very active little toddler boy.  He makes the mess, I clean it up, he makes the same mess, I clean it up.  I cook the dinner, we eat and then I clean it up.  (Ok, usually Michael is very helpful with dishes but this week he has been extremely busy and not around much.)  By the time I am through with the whole routine and put the boy to bed, I sit on the couch and think- I did the same thing over and over today.  And then I think how will I do it with two let alone more kids?  I know the Lord gives grace for the moment and grace for each day!  I am praying that the Lord would give me a joyful attitude in these mundane tasks instead of a huffy, pouting spirit.  After all, who could resist this little hammy.  As my sweet friend Laura said as well, I do need to also work on letting go as I tend to obsess over the clutter at my feet or tripping over pots and pans as I make dinner.  Maybe it is my obsessive nature or maybe it is apartment living but clutter causes me to "loose control."  Michael called to check in one day at lunch and I told him this was probably my worst hour as lunch is everywhere, dishes are in the sink, Jeremiah is covered with PB & J from head to toe and the house looks like a tornado went through it- all from one little boy!  And I realized that clutter makes me feel unorganized and out of control.  And yet, I need to begin to let go of this and learn to be thankful and faithful in the small things- even if it is picking up the same blocks for the hundredth time this week. 


Jeremiah is now 19 months- hard to believe the time is flying by.  His new favorites this month are "Beans" our pillow pet and the penguin from the Newport Aquarium.  He also has discovered climbing chairs and tables this week with an obsession which has led to many more pumps and bruises on that little boys' head.  Good thing kids are pretty resilient- especially their head! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love all you have to say Erin. Recognizing and giving it to the Lord is a great step. He gives grace when we need it. I'm so thankful for big helpers and for the fact that even though Drew is also very busy:)-he is showing tiny signs of slowing down a bit--on the other hand it could be a sign of God giving more energy:) Grace to you!

    ReplyDelete