Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pressing On...

This weekend, Jeremiah and I both seem to have gotten a bad cold.  Though I admit, the little guy is doing better than I am doing.  He seems happy and is running around and I feel tired and just grumpy.  I realize in these moments that the Lord will not give us more than we can handle and it is a reminder that He gives us sustaining grace for each moment and each day!  I had to remember this as I was up almost all night last night!  Yesterday, we also had my first doc appointment with the Faculty Medical Center downtown as we had to switch OB practices because of a lack of insurance.  We praise God for how he provided this clinic to meet our needs which charges a sum total for the whole works.  Yet, as I was sitting at the appointment which took 3 hours and had many kids running around and single parents, I had this feeling that I was out of my comfort zone.  There was a huge room of people and they were calling people's names and handing pee cups out left and right.  I had this feeling that I was not in my private practice anymore. :)  The nurses and doctors seemed nice but definitely not my small "comfortable" practice and yet we know the Lord has his hand in leading and guiding us.  We pray He will make us a light in this practice for His glory!  After waiting almost 2 hours to be called back, I had to wait 30 more minutes for blood to be drawn and almost had it with that as I was really feeling sick that day.  Thank goodness for a patient husband!  I am still a little nervous about how it will all work but know the Lord is providing each step of the way.  There was a sweet little African American boy whose name was Jeremiah- he was really cute but kept getting in trouble- poor boy.  Thank goodness for grandmas- if I had brought my boy in that place- he would have torn it a part in 3 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment