Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November of Travels

 November has been a busy month for our family.  The beginning of the month, I took a trip to PA to visit my family, go on a girls' overnight with some friends from York and college & celebrate and surprise my mom with a 60th birthday party.  I was able also to visit my Grandma in a nursing home who had broken her hip a few months ago but she looked great and has really recovered.  Jeremiah loved all the extra attention from Pop-Pop & Mom-Mom and Uncle Mike & Aunt Rachel.  He helped cook, played with lots of new trucks and even went to the Turkey Hill Experience to drive and ice cream truck. 

This fall, we also enjoyed going to a Counseling Training in Florence, Kentucky.  The November session was taught by Dr. Whitney from Southern Seminary and dealt with Spiritual Disciplines of the Christian life.  I had taken this course at Southern but so refreshing to hear him speak of praying through and meditating on Scripture. 

Last weekend, Michael took a road trip with some guys at HUC to SBL (language conference) in Chicago and there he found lots of good deals on books, went to sessions, stayed in the Hard Rock Hotel, and visited with some friends and professors from Southern Seminary.  Jman and I made it through the weekend and other than having my tire go a little flat- I for one was ready for Michael to come home Sunday night.  It was a tiring weekend chasing after an active toddler by myself. 

This week, we are staying put and celebrating Thanksgiving with the Lyons' family.  And hopefully enjoying some quality "family time" this week as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment