Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012



This Thanksgiving morning, we are waking up to a relaxing, beautiful morning!  I don't make breakfast that often, but I made a breakfast casserole and some gluten free blueberry & apple cinnamon muffins.  Here is my boys at breakfast and we have enjoyed a fun family walk on this beautiful day! 





I had high hopes of some traditions I was hoping to impart this Thanksgiving but feel like the time flew by without us sitting down to think through what we are thankful for!  Next year, Lord willing, I loved the idea of a Thanksgiving Thankful Tree.  I wanted to take a few moments in the busyness of Thanksgiving day to think of how God has blessed us this year!

1.  The Lord has blessed me with an amazing husband who serves our family and goes to school full time & works many jobs to provide for our family!  He does a great job balancing everything so well!

2.  I am thankful for a sweet and busy little Jeremiah boy and the joy he brings to our family!  Though he has three times the energy I have right now, he is so loving, friendly and happy.  I am also thankful the Lord has given me a healthy pregnancy so far and we look forward to meeting a new little one in this new year.

3.  I am thankful for how God has provided for us for me to be able to stay at home and the generosity of my in-laws in allowing us to live in this apartment for free and how the Lord continues to provide for our every need!

4.  I am so glad we were able to go to Israel this summer and how the Lord provided the funds for that with HUC & the generosity of people from our church!

5.  I am thankful for a Grandma that is so willing to take Jeremiah and give us a break and a great sister-in-law downstairs that is willing to do the same and make us yogurt and other fun treats!

6.  I am thankful for our church body and how the Lord has blessed us through the people of ECC and how they encourage and grow us to be more like Christ!  I am particularly thankful for Becky, a Godly woman who is a great encourager to me as a young mom.  I am also thankful for a sweet friend- Stephanie L and her intentionality in our friendship here as well as many other young moms who are a great encouragement!

And many many more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment