Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Christmas Eve!

It is amazing that we have made it to Christmas Eve!  We are finishing up a few odds and ends.  I'm trying to write clues for our immediate family Christmas gifts- I always like to write clues for each gift- esp. my husband really enjoys trying to think through the gift before he opens it.  Michael handed in his last paper by noon today.  I had one meltdown today- feeling tired and worn out from the season as well as taking care of the boy so much.  But a sweet sister, Laura, reminded me on her blog of this season of giving and how Christ is an example to us of the true Servant.  At times I want, I expect and hope that my family will serve me and feel tired in the serving.  Yet, then I must remember that Christ became a baby to become the most magnificent and humble servant for our salvation!  Here's to focusing my thoughts on the coming of the Savior.  As I was reading the book- Song of the Stars- to Jeremiah last night I was reminded that Christ came as a baby- the very one who had made the stars- now sleeping under them as the lowest, humblest of all creation- a tiny, dependent baby! 

2 Corinthians 8:9
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich."

Jeremiah baking cookies earlier in the month- getting messy as always!


No comments:

Post a Comment