Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday Lydia!!

Today is Lydia's 1st birthday!  It is another beautiful day like it was a year ago.  I remember going in to have an ultrasound and they had me stay to induce me since my fluid levels were low.  I sat there in the hospital bed waiting to be induced thinking I want to be outside- it is soo pretty!  Little Lydie has been a huge blessing to our family!  At 1 year old- she is still not crawling but has perfected the spin- she spins in a circle very fast with her arms and she can bounce her way across a room and tries to reach as many things as she can!  She still LOVES and is quite soothed by her pacifier at bed times and at nap time!  She loves to watch Jeremiah and tries to take his toys!  She loves to hang upside and loves clapping her hands lately and playing peek-a-boo!  She is a little shy in big groups but loves when someone looks at her and smiles or pays attention to her!  Lately she loves to squeal and try to match her brother's squeals!  She continues to be such a joy and blessing to us!!!  We had a birthday blessing party for her this weekend and we pray the Lord would grow her to love Jesus above all else!  We have chosen the hymn- Fairest Lord Jesus for her and the passage:

Habakkuk 3:17-19-   
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
    nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
    and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
    and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the deer's;
    he makes me tread on my high places.

We pray little Lydia would grow to love the Lord with all her heart mind and strength and that no matter what trial comes her way- she would rejoice and take joy in the God of her salvation!  Honestly- sometimes I think, Lord would suffering will come upon this daughter in her life and we pray that she would cling to Christ no matter what!  We pray she would have a gentle quiet spirit and serve and care for others!  





And we pray the words of this hymn over her as well:

Fairest Lord Jesus

Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature,
O Thou of God and man the Son,
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
Thou, my soul’s glory, joy and crown.

Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
Robed in the blooming garb of spring;
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer,
Who makes the woeful heart to sing.

Fair is the sunshine,
Fairer still the moonlight,
And all the twinkling starry host;
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
Than all the angels heaven can boast.

All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly,
Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee;
None can be nearer, fairer or dearer,
Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.

Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
Now and forever more be Thine


Happy Birthday Lydia Lyons!  We love you and are so thankful that God has entrusted us with your little life!  




No comments:

Post a Comment